Saturday, May 18, 2013

Day 2 - CrossFit Games North East Regionals


Hello Loves :) Day 2 of the CrossFit Games North East Regionals is in the books. Today started with a bang. Was asked to help run the main clock again by the social media team. Honestly, I am LOVING this experience. I am meeting some kick ass people and really getting the bug in my head that maybe one day I can do PR/marketing/social media.





First thing I got to do today though - meet Dave Castro. How freaking cool is that?!? He was way interesting to chat with and listen to today. His love for CrossFit is unlike any other. He really does love this sport. That was like the icing on the cake of an already awesome experience.











Seriously though - awesome day of events - Event 4 for teams was each member has to complete 30 wall balls, 30 chest-to-bar pull-ups, 30 pistols (alternating) and finally dumbbell snatches. Event 4 for individuals was to complete 100 of each -- wall balls, chest-to-bar pull-ups, pistols (alternating) and finally dumbbell snatches.



CrossFit 1 Force Walking Out

I got a lot of pictures during event 4 because there was a 25 minute cap. Event 5 was 21-15-9 deadlifts and box jumps -- team only 2 of the members did it. It was interesting to watch. I'm so impressed how fast people can fly through deadlifts. I struggled with them for almost my whole CrossFit experience until about 3 months ago. Finally got it.
This girl = my FAVORITE -- Jennifer Hunter-Marshall
I have really taken a liking to some of the athletes. Really fun to watch and follow them this weekend. My favorite part of the weekend...
This is what I LOVE about this sport. Everyone cheers on everybody else. Even though they were all done, they ALL went to the last guy and stood cheering him on. The community is what makes CrossFit.

I also meet this girl....


...Katelyn -- seriously, I already loved her but definitely a million times more now!

Also made a new friend - Lindsay -- can't wait to get to north Jersey and visit/WOD with her :)















The day ended with...

Stolen from CrossFit Games North East Regionals Facebook.







Can't wait to see what tomorrow holds!

~xoxo
M

No comments:

Post a Comment