Sunday, May 19, 2013

Day 3 - CrossFit Games North East Regionals

Hello loves! Happy Sunday Funday to y'all! Today was the last day of the CrossFit Games North East Regionals. What. A. Day!! Lots of World Records broken - lots of amazing jobs and people just doing what they love to do...CrossFit!


Thankfully I got to sleep in a little bit this morning; however, I did sleep a little later then I wanted/should have. I got there just as our meeting was ending. The Reebok tent was hooking up the volunteers with a discount which was nice, but I didn't get time to go shop...whomp whomp.
I got a picture with my awesome Volunteer directors....
...Kayla is on the left and Laura is on the right. They were fabulous and I am looking forward to working with them again in the future :) I also got a picture with my new buddy Nicole...
...looking forward to keeping up with her :)

Event 6 -- Teams had one guy + one girl -- 100 double unders (50 each), 50 handstand push-ups, 50 toes-to-bar while the other had to dead hang, 50 shoulder to overhead while one worked the other had to hold weight, then 90 ft. walking lunges. CrossFit 1 Force (my old gymnastics coach Jordanna's new box) were going.
Individuals did the following...
 
 
It was a good WOD to watch. I'm anxious for the day I can do all those movements. We had a little power issue, but it was solved quickly thankfully. Also, it's really cool to watch someone struggle on one piece and fly though the next. We all have movements that are easier for us. Next up was the final event. Event 7 was for teams -- all 6 people - rotate guy then girl -- 2 rope climb, 2 squat clean, 2 rope climb, 3 squat clean, 2 rope climb and finally 4 squat clean. Sorry no team photos. Individuals did...
I got a one haha...
...I got the awesome head Judge Todd looking all focused...
I also did ask Jennifer Hunter-Marshall for a pic -- we took this...
Then she wanted one with her flower out :)


She's amazing. A - she's been to regionals the last 5 years. How cool is that?!? B - I told her how I love how she is always smiling and looking like she loves it and she said "it's CrossFit..don't we all love it? It's just exercise" -- how true is that! We do all love it. And we love getting to be better then we were yesterday!











Overall it was an amazing weekend and I wish it wasn't over. I had such a good time and meet some super cool people and for a few hours a day hung with my box crew that was there.


HUGE thanks to CrossFit and Reebok for the opportunity to do this! cant wait till next time :) Congrats to all those athletes who competed and those who've made it to the next level - the games. You can find all results online here.


Now Rachel and I are on our way home -- next up California to see DA in 5 days! Even if its only for like 2.5 days....I can't WAIT to see him :)


How was your weekend?
~xoxo
M

1 comment: